I often buy Christmas papers & use them through the year…you have to choose wisely, i don’t usually buy Christmas Baubles or Holly etc & things that have Happy Christmas splatted all over them.
Instructions: 1. Cut a Mat for your photo using cardstock or paper. I used Black. I’ve cut it a few mil more around each edge.
2. Cut 2 strips one 12″ x 19cms & the other 12″ x 8cms.. Punch the long edges using the Bracket Border Punch,DO NOT THROW AWAY THE OFF CUTS. Ink edges if desired.
3.Cut another thin strip approx 1″ x 12″ and punch one side using Effervescence Border Punch. Glue this to the top back side of the larger piece you cut & punched previously. Glue this pice onto your 12″ cardstock about4cms up from the bottom.
4. Glue the second med strip onto the glued down larger piece approx 5cms from its bottom edge **** TIP I never add glue right to the edges then I can slip things behing if I wish****
5.Cut a small piece 11cms x 6cms Punch the smaller edges using Apron Lace Border Punch. cut off the bottom edge approx 2cms. Slip this behind the med strip see placement in photo above.The 2cm strip needs to be slotted at the bottom so it looks like a bigger piece.
6. Cut a Circle using the Shape Cutter & Circle Template to make a Journaling Circle. Ink edges & Journal. Slot behind previous strip glued down. See photo above.
7. I have used the offcuts to fill some so called ‘White space’ at the top of the page See photo below…
8. I cut some stag horns as it matched the papers using the Shape Cutter Freehand on the Shape cutter Mat…this was fun & a little scarey. You could add squiggles, Scrolls or something that will match your papers or theme.Ink edges if wished. See photo below) 9. Add a Title using Die cuts or stickers & it’s finished.